A Registered Massage Therapist has completed a minimum of 2200 hours of practical and theoretical studies in the areas of anatomy, physiology, pathology, kinesiology, hydrotherapy, remedial exercises and treatment of medically related conditions. Upon graduation from an accredited school, students are examined and licensed by the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario under the guidelines set out by the Regulated Health Practitioners Act. Registered Massage Therapists may assess client needs and recommend a suitable course of treatment.
Karen Major B.A. RMT
Karen’s interest in body/mind work began with a degree in Psychology from the University of Western Ontario. She then studied massage therapy at Sutherland-Chan School & Teaching Clinic, Toronto, and practiced since graduation in 1989. Her clinical practice has included work with individuals who suffer from motor vehicle accidents, chronic pain, repetitive strains, various musculoskeletal conditions, and emotional stress. These skills were sharpened and refined in her 3 years as a Clinical Supervisor and Oral Practical Examiner at the D’Arcy Lane Institute for Massage Therapy. Recognizing that wellness requires client knowledge and participation, and enjoying the benefits of her personal yoga practice, Karen trained as an Iyengar Yoga Teacher. Since 2009, Karen has been inactive as a Massage Therapist.
Sandra D’Ippolito RMT
Massage Therapist specializing in activity related injury
- Appointments available with a Registered Massage Therapist with expertise in treating sport activity related injury
- Leading edge treatment approach that is active in nature
- Clients are treated fully dressed in athletic attire
- Completed studies, and obtained national certification as an Introductory II Iyengar Yoga Teacher in November 2014
- Assessment & Treatment of Activity Related Injury
- Injury Prevention
- Athletic Taping
- Soft Tissue Release
- Swedish Techniques
- Thai Yoga Massage
- Advanced Myofascial Release
- Active/Passive Myofascial Release
- Joint Mobilization
- Unique Post Concussion Protocol
No referral required.
Treatment is covered by most extended health plans.
Initial Assessment $80 (includes treatment)
Follow up $50 (30min)
Follow up $80 (60min)
Contact Sandra at 519.630.1897 or firstname.lastname@example.org